Santa Monica, California – Santa Monica Public Library (SMPL) is heading to back to the beach this summer for more fun in the sun with SMPL at the Beach 2016, a series of five seaside pop-up libraries at the Annenberg Community Beach House, and Dorothy Green Park.
Visitors to our pop-up libraries can join in on a variety of fun, family friendly, activities including: Seaside Story Time, hula hooping, ukulele lessons, nautical crafts, and interactive environmental education. Librarians will be on-hand to sign out books from our curated collection of beach reads (no library card required), give personalized reading recommendations, and demonstrate cutting edge library apps, eBooks and streaming media. Folks looking to relax can beat the heat and kick back in the shade of our Surfside Reading Lounge, or enjoy beach games like bocce and ladder toss. Each pop-up will also feature a unique, limited edition SMPL at the Beach giveaway.
Grab a towel and sunscreen and join us for SMPL at the Beach from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm on:
- Friday, 7/8 at the Annenberg Community Beach House, 415 Pacific Coast Hwy
- Saturday, 7/23 at Dorothy Green Park, where Ocean Park Boulevard ends
- Monday, 8/15 at the Annenberg Community Beach House, 415 Pacific Coast Hwy
- Saturday, 8/27 at Dorothy Green Park, where Ocean Park Boulevard ends
- Saturday, 9/10 at Dorothy Green Park, where Ocean Park Boulevard ends
SMPL at the Beach is brought to you by Community & Cultural Services and the Santa Monica Public Library, and funded by Friends of the Santa Monica Public Library. For more information about this free public program, visit smpl.org/beach or call the Reference Services Department at (310) 434-2608.
# # #