SANTA MONICA, Calif. – The Sketchers Performance Los Angeles Marathon is this Sunday, March 19. Santa Monica will welcome runners and spectators to the finish line. Here’s what you need to know to be prepared for race day:
- Get the map: The official San ta Monica finish line map for the LA Marathon is available here and all Santa Monica race day information is at net/lamarathon.
- Plan ahead: Street closures will begin between 5 and 6 a.m. We will work to reopen streets as soon as is safely possible. More detailed information on road closures can be found here.
- Take transit: The easiest way to get in, out, and around Santa Monica on race day is on the Big Blue Bus and the Metro Expo Line. BBB and Metro will offer all bus service from a single bus hub at the 17th St./SMC Expo Line Station. Expo riders can make riding faster by loading $3.50 in stored value on to a TAP card. Metro will run three car trains every nine minutes on the Expo Line. Biking is also a great way to move around Santa Monica on race day. Take Breeze and know about the four bike valets. Parking information is here.
- Be informed: We’ll be active on social media. Follow the accounts below for information on street closures, street openings, race updates, and more.
- See something, say something: Running the LA Marathon is a pinnacle achievement for elite athletes and everyday runners alike. It’s also an exciting day for spectators. The most important thing for the City is safety. If you see something suspicious, say something by calling 9-1-1.
- Have questions, get answers: The City has a FAQ page. Check it out here.
“Santa Monica welcomes athletes as they complete a life-making achievement on Sunday,” said Councilmember Terry O’Day who will hold the finish line tape for wheelchair and hand cycle top finishers. “We wish runners, spectators, and our residents a safe and fun race day experience.”
For official LA Marathon information, visit www.lamarathon.com.
# # #