SANTA MONICA, Calif. – The Pico Branch Library is calling all book works, science geeks, high school honor roll-ees, or anyone with time and a passion for learning to share their knowledge with local youth. The City of Santa Monica is seeking a new cadre of volunteers—from teens to seniors—to help close the ever-widening achievement gap through the power of high quality homework assistance and tutoring.
The tutoring is for children and youth in grades 1 through 8. Here are the requirements to become a tutor:
- High school-age or older.
- Available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Saturdays this fall.
- Can get to the Pico Branch Library in Virginia Avenue Park.
- Adult volunteers will be required to do a background check and fingerprinting.
- Spanish and Ethiopian speakers are strongly desired.
Applications are available at the Pico Branch Reference Information Desk located at 2201 Pico Blvd., Santa Monica. The application deadline is August 11.
We are in need of many new volunteers. Please apply today!